This post is also available in: English (English)
Original efforts is accomplished by Georg Acher and got generally qce-ga; Jean-Frederic Clere got that motorist and made the very first Video4Linux (V4L) drivers, enabling popular V4L applications including Xawtv to show photographs through the sexcam. Since then, a gaggle of manufacturers across the globe have got advanced the motorist into its present state, putting support for first time cams and chipsets simply because they became readily available. Using this method, the driver become acknowledged qc-usb to reflect the truth that it helps numerous USB-attached QuickCam webcams, not only the QuickCam show.
The present day form of the qc-usb drivers try 0.6.6. Obtain it through the Sourceforge release webpage.
The qc-usb driver may work with here webcams:
- Dexxa Sex Cam
- Labtec Sexcam (aged style)
- Logitech QuickCam Show (older model)
- Logitech QuickCam Notebook (some items)
- Logitech QuickCam cyberspace
Commonly, any USB digital camera with a USB dealer identification document of 0x46d and a USB item ID of 0x840, 0x850, or 0x870 (so, 0x46d:0x840, for instance), should function. Observe how to discover the USB ID of a camera.
To find out more about QuickCam internet digital cameras, browse the original qc-usb webpage.
The QuickCam motorist currently is obtainable in two ways.
- The qc-usb drivers had been in the beginning focused on the QuickCam Web, but should these days benefit all webcams that actually work likewise with qce-ga. It includes a superset qce-ga’s qualities and is preferred drivers. Just about everyone make use of this drivers. Download they from our Sourceforge production web page.
- The CVS products readily available through the Sourceforge CVS utilization recommendations. The module titles happen to be quickcam and qc-usb.
This segment describes suggestions compile and put the qc-usb driver for that Linux kernel. For the most present recommendations, you should browse the README that accompanies the drivers. These information clarify a way to compile the drivers as a standalone component, the only option at the present time due to the fact drivers has not (yet) been recently built-into the mainline kernel.
Unsupported Digital Cameras
Particular brand new Logitech QuickCam Convey and Labtec digital cameras were reported never to do the job. These webcams bring products IDs of 0x920 and 0x921. For those webcams, you’re able to utilize the SPCA5xx motorist, which includes and, obviously, obsoletes this experimental driver.
Other webcams produced by Logitech is reinforced under Linux but make use of a separate motorist. The below Logitech webcams usually are not works with this drivers and are usually backed up by other motorists:
- Connectix (currently Logitech) synchronous port QuickCam
- Logitech Clicksmart
- Logitech QuickCam 3000 Pro
- Logitech QuickCam house is these days unfamiliar to your workplace.
- Logitech QuickCam Messenger (empirical) — driver penned by Mathias Kьster.
- Logitech QuickCam Messenger — a much better form of Mathias Kьster’s driver, authored by by Christian Magnusson, that features service for that QuickCam Communicate (mirror).
- Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro
- Logitech QuickCam Laptop Pro
- Logitech QuickCam Notebook
- Logitech QuickCam Traveller currently is as yet not known to my workplace.
- Logitech QuickCam VC (USB and Match)
- Logitech QuickCam focus
Allow us to help you out! If you should be creating collection, installing, or application problems, we’re going to need at the very least the subsequent help and advice having the capacity to guide you to:
- The Linux delivery and circulation adaptation
- The driver version by which you happen to be having difficulty
- The kernel model (the result of uname -a must be adequate
- Your camera’s provider and merchandise IDs (the productivity of lsusb as soon as the digicam happens to be affixed needs to be quality
- The digital camera sensor kinds, that’s published into the technique sign after component loads
- The result of /sbin/lsmod | grep -i usb
- Any appropriate output from /var/log/messages
The growth record is merely used for spots and development-related issues. Satisfy don’t deliver basic usage problems or problems toward the creators’ record. The designers’ list, simillar to the consumers’ write, is mirrored to Usenet at gmane.linux.drivers.quickcam.devel.
QuickCam® are subscribed hallmark of Logitech. Neither this site, this articles author of this web site, nor the manufacturers and maintainers of this Linux qc-usb drivers are employed by or associated with Logitech. This incredible website prevails to deliver help to Linux individuals of QuickCams.